My name is Alan Chick.
I live in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Australia. Canberra is the location of Australia’s federal government.
I worked at the Australian Department of Health from January 1978 to July 2009. (Note: Over the years the Department had various names.)
I am now retired.
My current activities include:
- Membership and attendance at Canberra Baptist Church.
- General interest in science fiction, and membership of the Canberra Science Fiction Society, and the local Canberra group of the Doctor Who Club of Australia.
Attached are 2 crosswords I created for the Doctor Who club. These were created using website: ArmoredPenguin.com.
- Membership of the Woden branch of the ACT Libraries. Since retirement I have been a more frequent visitor and borrower at the library.
- Membership of the University of the Third Age, Canberra. I am currently attending classes in the French and German languages.
- Membership of Arthritis ACT, including attending Hydrotherapy sessions at the Canberra Hospital.
I have photos at: Flickr.
2 thoughts on “About Me”
Your photos are beautiful.
Perhaps you will add U3A German to your interesting profile.
Yes, I have added German to my profile. I didn’t think of it at first, and then I thought it wasn’t worth it for a course just going for 6 months. But now that it is continuing next year, it is worth adding.